Served on crunchy oat cakes, this beef liver pâté is rich, creamy and luxurious. It can be spread on crackers, toast, cucumber or used to stuff a delicious beef wellington. Beef liver is nutritious and can be frozen. The team from Ardross Farm Shop made us a selection of canapés at Crail Food Festival that included these culinary delights.
Serve it to guests, take it out as part of a picnic platter or use it to create other indulgent meals…the choice is yours! Remember, the quality of your pâté is entirely dependent on the quality of your beef, so choose wisely. The team at Ardross Farm Shop will be happy to assist.
If you make this, we would love to see how you get on! Tag your photo with #ohtastekitchen on Instagram.
- 450g Ardross liver
- 5 slices of Puddledub bacon
- 1 small onion
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 250g Scottish butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Dice the bacon into small pieces and fry in rapeseed oil until crispy.
- Take the bacon out but leave the juices in the pan and use to cook the onions, butter, rosemary and garlic until the onions are soft.
- Add the liver and cook for roughly three minutes each side.
- Take off the heat and leave to cool in the pan for five minutes.
- Blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Fold in the bacon and season well with salt and pepper.