In my opinion, figs are one of life’s greatest joys. Combined with Burrata cheese, mozzarella’s creamier counterpart, this recipe for Figs, Burrata and Rocket Pesto salad is flavoursome, indulgent and perfect as a starter or side.
A peppery rocket pesto dresses the salad beautifully. Chopped pistachio nuts add texture while a sprinkling of balsamic add a syrupy sweetness to the dish. Without a doubt, our favourite is Clackmannanshire’s Little Doone’s Original Sweet Balsamic dressing.
Deliciously ripe figs and soft burrata make for a sweet and creamy sharing plate, or divide into smaller portions for an easy vegetarian starter.
Thank you to Anna Hamilton at Alright Treacle for sharing this wonderful recipe with us. It is truly life changing. We would also like to thank the lovely Hilary at Secret Herb Garden for having us, and allowing us to raid your greenhouse! All photos by OH! Taste.
- 4 figs
- 1 ball of burrata, or good quality mozzarella
- A handful of rocket leaves
- 50g pistachios
- Half a lemon
- Olive oil
- Cut the figs in half and assemble in a bowl or deep plate.
- Crush the pistachios roughly using a pestle and mortar, then add the rocket leaves and mix until you’re left with a nutty paste.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lemon and a good glug of olive oil, then season to taste.
- Tear open the burrata and place aside the figs, then drizzle the peppery pesto over the top, and garnish with nasturtium flowers for colour.