These light and airy Lemon & Raspberry Muffins are perfect as an afternoon snack or breakfast treat. The sharpness of the lemon zest compliments the sweet raspberries.
If you make this, we would love to see how you get on! Tag your photo with #ohtastekitchen on Instagram.
- 2 and ¼ cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 and ½ cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Place a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, yogurt (or sour cream), eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to whisk until the sugar dissolves. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the raspberries. Divide the muffin batter into the muffin pans and bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean with just a few crumbs. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.*
- Muffins are extremely moist. Let them cool in the muffin pan after baking for at least 10 minutes! If you are impatient and try to remove them from the moulds straight away, they will collapse and you'll end up with a kitcken flour covered in crumbs. They're worth the wait...we promise!